• Detailed written evaluations of short stories, novellas, novel and memoir excerpts, and book manuscripts
• Comments on technique and style, including plot, point of view, character development, dialogue, language, and voice
• Annotations on manuscripts
• Suggestions on marketability and markets
• Guidance on grammar and mechanics, with explanations and examples sufficient for subsequent self-editing
For rates and additional information: CONTACT ME
The Tucson Festival of Books Masters Workshop, March 7-10, 2021, was virtual this year. Faculty: Mateo Askaripour, Shannon Pufahl, Héctor Tobar, Felicia Zamora, and Tom Zoellner.
The Tucson Festival of Books Literary Awards competition is still the avenue to two days (or more) of hands-on workshopping with a faculty of top U.S. authors following the Tucson Festival of Books, March 2022.
Fiction, nonfiction, and poetry entries are accepted for the tenth annual writing competition after June 1, offering more than $5,000 in prize money. In addition to cash prizes, first- through third-place winners in each category get scholarships to the Masters Workshop. The top 50 entrants are invited to the workshop ($300).
Deadline for entries is Sunday, Oct. 31, 2021
To enter, go to TucsonFestivalofBooks.org